Welcome to my Local video Jackpot Review. This product has been out for around for about a week now and is being promoted by none other than best buds, Trevor Carr and Bobby D.
The actual product is by someone who I haven’t come across before, but the other two are well-known to this blog. One thing you can be sure of and that is this is going to have a lot of upsells attached to it.
At this point I’m not sure what TC and BD’s involvement actually is apart from promoting it, because if you hadn’t seen the JV page you wouldn’t even know they were involved.
As I’ve said I’ve seen a lot of their other products, some good, some not so good and some that are just a waste of money in my opinion.
But I’ve never seen Eric Hammer before and this is his baby so hopefully he can give us something new and fresh without all the usual BS that goes with it.
Now, I’ve just taken a look at his blog and on it he says that he will never show you crappy products ……. well that’s what a lot of IM’s will tell you and that’s a way of them saying that everything they review is fantastic. Well, I don’t agree with that.
I show you the good and the bad so you don’t end up buying all the crap that is out there all making ridiculous claims of making a fortune in a little amount of time.
So stick around if you want the truth on this product, but for the price they’re charging this ought to be exceptional
NAME: Local Video Jackpot
OWNERS: Trevor Carr, Bobby D
& Eric Hammer
What Is Local Video Jackpot About
The first thing you see when you land on their sales page is another bloated claim of how easy it is to make money with their method.
I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve seen something like that, but I can count on the fingers of one hand the ones that don’t make them kinds of claims and to be fair they’re usually the ones that stand a chance of working if you’re willing to put in the work.
You see there is no secret to making money online regardless of what anybody tells you.
To make money online requires you to work!
Shocked by that? Don’t be because you’ll find that out in time if you intend to make this your source of income. You don’t go to your place of employment and not do anything and still expect to get paid do you?
Well, this is no different, you need to put in the work. Period.
Anyway, I tend to go off on one when I initially see headlines like that, if they can back it up then I’ll be the first to congratulate them, but until then headlines like this are no different to the mass of other products I review, most of which don’t deliver.
If you’ve been through the sales page you’ll have seen that this is about local video marketing, but not only that, but he’s going to do everything for you.
You’re going to get ready-made explainer videos and all you have to do is customize them which apparently will only take you about 5 minutes.
That’s going to interesting to see how he does that because this is meant to have ‘zero techy stuff‘ remember. It may turn out that this will be very easy to do, we’ll see.
Now, I can tell you one thing for certain and that is you’re never going to be making money by this time tomorrow, it’s just not possible with the amount of work you’ve got to put in.
I mean, you’re going to be spending a lot of time trying to find potential prospects to approach. Yes you are going to have to be contacting people, so if you’re not comfortable doing that then this isn’t for you.
Here’s what TC has to say about it:
Thanks for that Trev.
What Did I like
- The sales page tells you what this is all about
- Money back guarantee
- The potential
What I didn’t Like
- Over simplifying that potential, making it sound way easier than it actually is.
- Videos can be a bit boring, 1 video is just under an hour long and he does have a tendency to waffle.
- Videos only have an American accent. Why would a company in the UK want an American spokesperson?
- You have to help your clients to rank their Youtube channels, so there goes that claim of no techy stuff straight out of the window.
- You also have to use a video editor.
- Recommends you meet your prospect face to face
- Says there is ‘zero techy stuff‘ but when you start watching a training video he admits there will be.
Inside The Training
OK, time for a look into what the training actually is and what you get for your $67. Before you actually get access to the members area you have to get past those upsells that we spoke about in the opening paragraph, as I thought there are a hefty number of them to contend with, 5 in total.
What I highly recommend you do here is just pass on all them, if at any time you feel you’d benefit from them you can always access them in the members area, but for now just skip them.
Oh and by the way, if you do skip them you’ll get a discount on them which I’ll go over in the next section so at least you can save yourself a bit of money.
Once you navigate safely around the upsells you finally get into the members area:
Here you’ll find 10 modules which are not really modules, they’re just a single video in each section and to be fair they’re not very well headlined so you can’t distinguish one from the other.
And that is really annoying especially when you want to go back over a certain video, you basically have to go through all of them until you find the one you were looking for, then when you do find it you’ve forgotten what it was you were looking for it for in the first place, Lol.
I’ll give you the best description of them that I can:
- Introduction – 0.57 – This is an introduction by Eric. Now I’m not sure if he’s in some sort of cupboard, but it looks very cramped in the room he’s in and for some reason he’s talking really quietly.
- Module 1 – Overview – 9.50 – This is an overview of what you’ll be learning and some of the things you’re going to need. At 7.49 he talks about outsourcing because there’s going to be some ‘techy stuff‘ that may not be something that you can do.
- Module 2 – Finding A Prospect – 7.33 – Using Facebook to find potential customers
- Module 3 – Get your foot in the door – 10.20 – Try and identify areas of potential customers websites to look for things that you can suggest to the companies to help them.
- Module 4 – Contacting the Right Person – 9.34 – Here he shows you the way he goes about finding the right person to make contact with. He tells you the best way will cost you a bit of money, there are free ways, but they don’t work as well.
- Module 5 – Approaching a Prospect – 13.17 – This video shows you how to make contact the right way which he says is the key to the whole method, basically finding common ground with the prospect.
- Module 6 – What To Say To Them – 13.52 – How to structure what it is you’re going to say to your prospect.
- Module 7 – Make the Pitch – 15.20 – Talks about the structure of the pitch which he recommends doing in person, he does say you can do it by email, but it isn’t as effective.
- Module 8 – Getting Results – 54.26 – This is a very confusing video which doesn’t really know what it’s meant to be saying, I got lost quite a lot on this one, more than the others.
- Module 9 – Customizing your Video – 8.04 – Here he shows you how you can edit the done for you explainer videos using a free video editor.
- Module 10 – Outsourcing – 4.31 – Eric talks about the options you have to get the work done by other people, such as Fiverr
And that is what you get inside Local Video Jackpot. Now, you do get some bonus training, but I’m not going to go into that here, it’ll just confuse matters.
You might want to take a look at Matthews comment in this post here regarding upsells, it will probably shock you, it shocked me.
- OTO #1 – 30 Extra Done For You Explainer videos – $37 with a downsell to $17
- OTO #2 – Template bundle – $37 with a downsell to $17
- OTO #3 – 1500 HD & 750 4K Stock Videos – $47 with a downsell to $27
- OTO #4 – Additional methods for finding clients – $27 with a downsell to $17
- OTO #5 – License rights so you can keep 100% commission
Now, on all of them pages I never saw one mention of a money back guarantee, so I’m not sure they are going to be covered like the front end product is, so just be careful.
To be honest you really don’t need them anyway, but to get the downsell price all you have to do is click “No Thanks” on each page and you’ll get the discount.
This is way more involved than you’re led to believe on the sales page, there is a lot more work required than you think.
The way this works means it is only going to appeal to people who feel comfortable approaching business people and trying to sell a service, you’d basically be a salesman or woman and we all know how hard that job can be.
The training itself does have a few good points, but in general it’s way too, well, general. He says a lot without really saying anything of any real value.
Take the module #5 for example, he makes out that the whole method hinges on what he’s going to tell you and it’s just when you’re approaching a prospect to find some common ground. It’s all a bit like, is that it? sort of thing.
I was really expecting a lot more for the price and it failed terribly and I have absolutely no hesitation in giving this a not approved stamp, it way too overpriced for what you get.
So What Do You Do Now?
If selling face to face isn’t your thing and I’ve got to be honest it’s not mine, what you want to do is what I do and that is affiliate marketing.
With affiliate marketing you don’t need to have meeting with potential customers, you do all the “selling” on your own website, but I don’t really call it selling, I call it helping people make an informed choice by way of writing reviews.
If that sounds like something you’d like to get into then I can help you do just that. First off you need the training and the best bar none on the internet today is Wealthy Affiliate.
It’s a place where I spend a lot of my time, I have done for the past 4 years, so you know I know what I’m talking about when I recommend it.
So if you want to learn at the very same place simply click the banner below for totally FREE access, NO credit card needed and 10 FREE lessons along with 2 FREE websites you can build as you go along with the world-class training
When you sign up I will welcome you personally and help you in any way I can to make sure you’re successful and if you decide to take advantage of the special offer I have some bonuses of my own to give you 🙂